What do Belle de Jour and I have in common?
- We both get paid for services that in an ideal world would be provided by a loved one.
- Most of our clients wouldn't willingly admit in public that they actually are one of our clients.
- Confidentiality is everything. Without it we are damned.
- Occasionally I bump into a client whilst out being a normal person. It would only be more awkward if I actually had had sex with them.
- Most of the time I am the person whom my clients need me to be. Not consciously. Certainly not manipulatively. And that person changes from moment to moment. But there are aspects of me that clients will never knowingly see. (The unthought known is an entirely different matter...) Hence this blog. You might call it self-indulgent. I call it just more therapy.